web statistics

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How to eat weeds and collect "green" info

Other than dandelions, I never thought much about weeds as food, though I had a neighbor who moved in from Kentucky and often talked about the joys of eating pokeweed. I’d want confirmation of that before I gave it a try.

I may never eat a weed, but in a book entitled “Weeds - Guardians of the Soil” by Joseph A. Cocannouer is a chapter about “Weeds as Food” for anyone inclined toward this sort of experimentation. The link is here.

I found the weed book on a web site devoted to environment and rural development work: journeytoforever.org

The site covers a wide scope of information, including reproductions of books on small farms and gardening in what they call “Journey to Forever Online Library.” - Here’s a direct link to the farm library.

No comments: